Author Topic: Few suggestions: instant search, internal document viewer, image editing,  (Read 6921 times)

motiontwelve

Hello,

I've just discovered AML Pages and so far I'm very impressed with the set of features but mainly with the ability to undock individual notes as stickies and advanced rich text formatting, especially in terms of tables.

On the other hand, I would love to see basic image editing tools such as resize (keeping aspect ratio), rotate, drop shadow borders with rounded corners, drawing shapes and text ontop, etc.  It would make it much easier for people like myself that constantly deal with lots of visuals in their notes. Not sure if it's a limitation, but I couldn't do the same advanced formatting in the sticky notes (for instance  pasting images)?

Also, any plans to improve the search to have something more convenient for multi keyword searching?
Coming from X1 Search and Evernote, it would be great to type multiple keywords (no matter what is the order) and the search results would highlight each word in a different color and automatically filter out notes that don't contain the keywords.  Also, it would be even better if there was no need to open a separate search window and make everything happen in the main screen (just like in X1).

Lastly, since AML Pages supports plugins, how about implementing a powerful internal document viewer like the uLister plugin for Total Commander ( they even provide source code http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/oilister.html ) which utilizes the Outside In libraries from Oracle (previously Stellent)?
I know Oracle licensing is costly but just like in the case of uLister, you could make the plugin optional for the end user to download along with the libraries, thus avoiding any fees.
The same viewer could be used to index the contents of the inserted
documents (PDF, DOCX, XLSX, etc.) for fast-as-you-type searching (something like X1 search).  In case a specific document needs to be edited, there should be an option to open it in the native app (i.e., MS Word or Excel) and once the changes are made, AML should automatically save it back in its database.
I believe this would really attract customers seeking document management solutions like myself and a number of my colleagues in our company.

Cheers!

PS. Is there a way to automatically capture anything copied to clipboard and store it inside of a specific folder in AML's database?  Similar to Clipboard Help & Spell?
Oh, and before I forget, how about setting up alarms like in Outlook or GloboNote with visual and audio notifications?

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
  • Mazov Gosha aka Carc (G&G Software)
    • www.AmlPages.com
Also, any plans to improve the search to have something more convenient for multi keyword searching?
Coming from X1 Search and Evernote, it would be great to type multiple keywords (no matter what is the order) and the search results would highlight each word in a different color and automatically filter out notes that don't contain the keywords.  Also, it would be even better if there was no need to open a separate search window and make everything happen in the main screen (just like in X1).
Use the tags and filters by tags.
Mazov Gosha aka Carc, main developer
technical support, contacts

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
    • www.AmlPages.com
PS. Is there a way to automatically capture anything copied to clipboard and store it inside of a specific folder in AML's database?  Similar to Clipboard Help & Spell?
Right click on the Aml Assist pane.
Oh, and before I forget, how about setting up alarms like in Outlook or GloboNote with visual and audio notifications?
Use command "Copy Link" from context menu of tree. You can use the link anywhere.

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
    • www.AmlPages.com
Lastly, since AML Pages supports plugins, how about implementing a powerful internal document viewer like the uLister plugin for Total Commander ( they even provide source code http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/oilister.html ) which utilizes the Outside In libraries from Oracle (previously Stellent)?
Using plugin for Total Commander as standalone application: For viewing: unpack all files from the ZIP-archive and start AmlPagesViewer.exe.

dulkRilkplarl

Few suggestions instant search internal document viewer image editing
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2015, 19:06:09 »
Sorry I didnt make that clear. But we can be pretty sure that the mods are now feature-locked?

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
    • www.AmlPages.com
Sorry I didnt make that clear. But we can be pretty sure that the mods are now feature-locked?
What is mods? What are you talking about?

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
    • www.AmlPages.com
Use the other my product: TwinkiePaste

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
    • www.AmlPages.com

See to plugin Aml View