Author Topic: AML2CHM plugin  (Read 7618 times)

oblivion

• Novices
AML2CHM plugin
« on: 01 September 2015, 16:16:31 »
I've only been using AMLPages for a couple of days so it's possible I'm missing something obvious.

However, the AML2CHM plugin didn't work when I tried it at the end of last week, and it still doesn't work for me in the new version 3.00.

The installation doesn't mention that the plugin seems to need Microsoft's Help Compiler (?) to be installed; even when it IS installed it won't find it unless it can find it in the current folder; and even if it CAN find it, it doesn't seem to generate any output.

I must be missing a step. Can anyone suggest what I need to do to make it work, please?

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
  • Mazov Gosha aka Carc (G&G Software)
    • www.AmlPages.com
Re: AML2CHM plugin
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2015, 16:21:09 »
What exactly does not work in Aml2CHM? What is it expressed?
Mazov Gosha aka Carc, main developer
technical support, contacts

oblivion

• Novices
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2015, 16:46:42 »
Initially, when I first tried it, I had error messages (can't find HC.EXE -- or is it HH.EXE? Anyway, something related to Microsoft's help compiler.) So I downloaded and installed the help compiler from Microsoft (HTMLHELP) and tried again; same error. So I copied the files from the folder where the help compiler had been installed to the base folder where AMLPages is (it's the portable version) and the error messages went away but now nothing happens at all -- no output of any sort, not messages, errors, files, nothing.

I thought maybe the updated version of the plugin might solve the problem but I don't see any difference at all. Should I have done something to remove the original version of the plugin before installing the update?

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
    • www.AmlPages.com
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2015, 17:16:34 »
This is the bug. The bug already fixed in new version Aml Pages 9.66 build 2570.

Solution#2: Extract all files from ZIP-archive into Aml Pages plugins directory.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2015, 17:23:01 by Carc »

oblivion

• Novices
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2015, 18:44:55 »
Thanks for your efforts here but I'm still not seeing anything when I hit the button. Not even anything in the logging window.

I assume AML2CHM should build some sort of file that should be fed to the help file compiler. Is there any way to capture the intermediate stages so I can see how far it's getting?

Carc

• Администратор
  • Постоялец
    • www.AmlPages.com
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2015, 09:59:53 »
« Last Edit: 06 September 2015, 11:08:57 by Carc »

Carc

• Администратор